Non-dilutive financing and partnerships have been critical to our vision of developing complementary clinical stage therapeutics for areas of unmet need.
Spero Therapeutics is actively pursing collaborations with non-commercial organizations for scientific expertise and funding support. As a growing clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, we’re currently receiving funding support from the following:
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the Health and Human Services Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response;
- U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA);
- U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID);
- U.S. Department of Defense (DoD);
- Combating Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Biopharmaceutical Accelerator (CARB-X), a public-private partnership funded by the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Since inception, our pipeline of product candidates has been awarded approximately $54.6 million in non-dilutive funding from the government to further development. In addition, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) will provide up to $10 million in indirect support to cover the cost of certain nonclinical biodefense studies for SPR994.
We intend to continue collaborating with government agencies and non-profit foundations to support the development of our product candidates.
Spero Therapeutics welcomes inquiries regarding potential opportunities for collaboration across discovery, development and commercialization.
For more information about partnership opportunities, contact us.